Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Lindisfame" by James Blake



Mr. Blake has done it again and when I mean again, I mean his weird videos. Although I do enjoy them, they have either floating objects or completely shaken after an earthquake, the track goes well with the video. In his video for "Lindisfame," James is singing along in the video while others are computing some weird UK shit onto a girl. Hints of blood are shown in the video (legs, head, nose bleed) and the laughter, piano playing, and the conversations brings together a memory.

The video kind of reminds me of a hipster summer camp. It might just be me but I would feel like this is what the hip kids would do if they had no talent in organize sports. Also they're form of getting hurt would be to not do anything and randomly bleed from their noses. Although at the end the girl  it looks like she's about to leave the neighborhood to go to summer camp, I think she's off to go home. Home, to do more weird voo doo, sprinkle blue fairy dust, cut belly holes in shirts, and do more interpretive dancing.
Sometimes I feel like music videos intentionally have a different meaning than the artist's orignal intention when writing the lyrics for the song. However, in this case I don't think that's true. I think both the video and lyrics have the same meaning, It's just the lyrics seem to be more personal (and relevant to the listener) where the video seems to be more bizarre.
-Michael Henry

Mr. Blake has done it again.

Directed by Martin de Thurah

No comments:

Post a Comment